The pandemic has changed the daily way of life for all Australians, and as a way of minimising the spread many businesses and schools have taken the precaution by closing their doors. Which has lead to many parents finding themselves in a new teritory of working from home whilst also having to care for and even educate their children. In many cases parents don’t have the extra funds at the moment to hire a care taker or cannot afford to take time off.
Becoming full-time employees and full-time parent is something that many Australians are currently faced with. In order to best adapt to this challanging time our clients have been getting creative and here are some of their top tips.
Tips for Working from Home with Kids
- Create a schedule and stick to it. Children rely on routine and unfortunately due to the closure of daycare and schoosl that has been disrupted. Thus it’s important for them and yourself to establish a new routine. During your child’s nap, why not focus on work assignments that require focus, small shifts like these are key.
- Use technology to your advantage: There are thousands of learning apps out there to keep your children entertained. For the younger ones there are apps like Moose Math, Alpha Tots and TallyTots and Endless Apps. For the older children try Khan Academy, Duolingo, Elevate or Quizlet.
- Stay Active: Relieve stress and reduce built up energy by incorporating excersise to encouraging movement . Try dance vidoes, toddler yoga or go for walks during your lunch break.
- Include your kids in your “work”: Give them an “assignment” to complete while you focus on your work.
- Take it easy on yourself: Take it day by day until you find your stride. This will pass, but in the meantime, remember we’re in this together and we’re here to help!
Want to read more blogs like this? Click the link here!